November 20, 2013

Family Game Night Ideas

Family Party Games - Family Game Night Ideas

http://familygamenightideas.com Fri, 01 Nov 2013 23:25:51 GMT

Clothes Pin Game

I was introduced to this game at a friends 40th birthday party.  I was standing there talking with some people I had just met when someone walked by me and I felt something funny on my arm.  I reached around and found that I had a clothes pin hanging from my sleeve.  The people I was talking to explained that it was a game going on and the trick was to put the pin on people without them knowing.

Image via Flickr

As I looked around the room I started picking out a few clothes pins hanging randomly around people.  I also noticed a lot of people kept swinging their arms behind them looking for pins hanging off the back of their shirts ( I thought this was particularly funny as it looked like they had just passed gas).

Needless to say I had a lot of fun that night and I made sure that I always pinned the people that were bragging that they could not be.  It was definitely a great game for a party with all kinds of people that had not met before.

Read for more games ...

Family game night ideas

Are you searching for something interesting to do with your family that won't break the bank? Why not try a family game night.
The Rhode Show is WPRI 12's daily lifestyle show for having fun, eating well, and living life.

Family Game Night: Let The Kids Win or Clobber Them?

http://www.blogher.com/kids-and-games-let-them-win-or-clobber-them

Hubby and I decided to execute the greatest form of torture on our kids that we could think of...

Family Game Night.

Well, we didn't think it would be the greatest form of torture ever. We thought we had a few more years to go before Family Game Night was seen as torture. Apparently 10- and 7-years-old is when it begins. Fortunately for Hubby and I, we decided that 10 and 7 are the perfect ages to have some serious competition going and no longer let the kids win at games... meaning a cutthroat, hardcore, losers go home crying Family Game Night.

In an effort to unplug our kids and strengthen the family unit we so desperately craved that we pulled our family together despite 2000 miles and three years of separation, we decided that Mondays would be Kids Cook Night, Wednesdays would be Family Game Night and Fridays would be Family Movie Night. As Wednesday approached, Hubby and I got excited; the kids, not so much. They really thought that playing board games with Mom and Dad was going to be horrible. They changed their mind by the end of the evening.

Read more about it here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment

Skimlinks